Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Describe in details two concepts investigated in this course (not in MAT 116) that can be applied to solve real life problems in general and your personal and professional life. In what ways did you use MyMathLab® or the Center for Mathematic Excellence f

The content in this course has allowed me to think of math of a useful tool. I have really learned a lot of math and grasped it more in this class. The content in this course showed me how math is used in everyday life. Although for myself I do not use math that often but I can see the benefit for many. For instance, using radical expressions to solve for answers such as bisecting an area of land or section of a project and using rational expressions to find estimates on such things as interest payments. I used the MyMathLab as a study guide for practice problems and to help prepare myself for the quizzes and tests, and final. This guide allowed me to prepare and take on my anxiety of quizzes. Using the guide, allowed me to study at my own pace and understand the material easier. Evaluate the radical expression when a = 2 and b = 4. Choices: A. 9 B. 8 C. 7 D. 6 Correct Answer: D Solution: Step 1: [Substitute the values of a and b in the given radical expression.] Step 2: [Find the positive square root.] Step 3: [Multiply.] Step 4: [Add.] Step 5: = 6 [Simplify.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click this image to get a quote now!

Click this image to get a quote now!
We can help you out! Use the Live Chat!